Cranford

Cranford

Cranford Bay

Cranford Bay

Cranford overlooking the South Bay
Cranford - Jennifer Isle

Cranford - Jennifer Isle

Cranford Layby

Cranford Layby

Cranford Waterfall

Cranford Waterfall

Cranford - Woodquarter

Cranford - Woodquarter

Kindrum - Bullock Bay

Kindrum - Bullock Bay

Kindrum- Massmount Chapel

Kindrum- Massmount Chapel

Kindrum - Monument

Kindrum - Monument

Rosnakill

Rosnakill

Fanad

Fanad

Aerial view just off Fanad Head Lighthouse. The building was designed by the corporation’s inspector Mr George Halpin and the building work was overseen by a Mr.Carpenter of Dublin and cost £2,000. The light was first lit on St. Patrick’s day 17th March 1817.
Fanad Head Lighthouse

Fanad Head Lighthouse

The original building was commissioned following the Saldanha wreck. Building commenced in 1815 and was completed in 2 years by the Commissioners of the Ballast Board. It is of granite and was sent from the North hall , Dublin, ready prepared.
Kerrykeel - the beautifully restored Dougherty’s Thatched Cottage

Kerrykeel - the beautifully restored Dougherty’s Thatched Cottage

Kerrykeel Chapel

Kerrykeel Chapel

Kerrykeel - The Devil's Backbone

Kerrykeel - The Devil's Backbone

Kerrykeel - The Gortnavern Dolmen

Kerrykeel - The Gortnavern Dolmen

This fine example of a Dolmen or Portal Tomb from the Neolithic period has a chamber of five sides set on edge and covered by a stone roof over 3 meters long and sitting 2 meters high. The tomb is difficult to get to and the landowner’s permission must be sought to gain access.
Kerrykeel - Fannet Presbyterian Church of Ireland

Kerrykeel - Fannet Presbyterian Church of Ireland

Kerrykeel from the lough

Kerrykeel from the lough

Kerrykeel Lough

Kerrykeel Lough

Kerrykeel - Matt Peoples' Garage

Kerrykeel - Matt Peoples' Garage

Kerrykeel - Pump Street

Kerrykeel - Pump Street

Pump Street was named because of the water pump built into the wall which provided water for the locals before every house had its own running water.
Milford - Marian Shrine

Milford - Marian Shrine

Milford

Milford

Photo: Proinsias Carr
Milford - Ballyboe Lough

Milford - Ballyboe Lough

Milford - Golan Church

Milford - Golan Church

Milford - Hamilton's Hill

Milford - Hamilton's Hill

Milford - Holy Well Hill

Milford - Holy Well Hill

Holy Well Hill - the site of an ancient Ring Fort.
Milford - Lough Fern

Milford - Lough Fern

Home of Milford's Fly Angling Club. Photo: Proinsias Carr
Milford - Mass Rock

Milford - Mass Rock

Leatbeg Walk

Leatbeg Walk

View of Mulroy Bay on the Leatbeg Walk
Mulroy Bay at Dusk

Mulroy Bay at Dusk

Mulroy - Harry Blaney Bridge

Mulroy - Harry Blaney Bridge

Mulroy Bay

Mulroy Bay

Cratlagh Walk - Waterfall at Bunlin

Cratlagh Walk - Waterfall at Bunlin

Milford Workhouse

Milford Workhouse

The Milford Workhouse opened in 1846 and closed in 1922.
Milford Workhouse Sketch

Milford Workhouse Sketch

Milford Fever Hospital

Milford Fever Hospital

The Fever Hospital was opened on 10th March 1851. It was located beside the Workhouse and was opened when the Workhouse became overun with disease during the famine years.
Shoemakers Corner - Cratlagh Walk

Shoemakers Corner - Cratlagh Walk

Photo: Catherine McCann
Mulroy Bay from Shoemakers Corner

Mulroy Bay from Shoemakers Corner

Milford - Rossgarrow

Milford - Rossgarrow

Cranford - Woodquarter

Cranford - Woodquarter

Milford - Bunlin

Milford - Bunlin

MD-Gallery

Cranford

Cranford

Cranford Bay

Cranford Bay

Cranford overlooking the South Bay
Cranford - Jennifer Isle

Cranford - Jennifer Isle

Cranford Layby

Cranford Layby

Cranford Waterfall

Cranford Waterfall

Cranford - Woodquarter

Cranford - Woodquarter

Kindrum - Bullock Bay

Kindrum - Bullock Bay

Kindrum- Massmount Chapel

Kindrum- Massmount Chapel

Kindrum - Monument

Kindrum - Monument

Rosnakill

Rosnakill

Fanad

Fanad

Aerial view just off Fanad Head Lighthouse. The building was designed by the corporation’s inspector Mr George Halpin and the building work was overseen by a Mr.Carpenter of Dublin and cost £2,000. The light was first lit on St. Patrick’s day 17th March 1817.
Fanad Head Lighthouse

Fanad Head Lighthouse

The original building was commissioned following the Saldanha wreck. Building commenced in 1815 and was completed in 2 years by the Commissioners of the Ballast Board. It is of granite and was sent from the North hall , Dublin, ready prepared.
Kerrykeel - the beautifully restored Dougherty’s Thatched Cottage

Kerrykeel - the beautifully restored Dougherty’s Thatched Cottage

Kerrykeel Chapel

Kerrykeel Chapel

Kerrykeel - The Devil's Backbone

Kerrykeel - The Devil's Backbone

Kerrykeel - The Gortnavern Dolmen

Kerrykeel - The Gortnavern Dolmen

This fine example of a Dolmen or Portal Tomb from the Neolithic period has a chamber of five sides set on edge and covered by a stone roof over 3 meters long and sitting 2 meters high. The tomb is difficult to get to and the landowner’s permission must be sought to gain access.
Kerrykeel - Fannet Presbyterian Church of Ireland

Kerrykeel - Fannet Presbyterian Church of Ireland

Kerrykeel from the lough

Kerrykeel from the lough

Kerrykeel Lough

Kerrykeel Lough

Kerrykeel - Matt Peoples' Garage

Kerrykeel - Matt Peoples' Garage

Kerrykeel - Pump Street

Kerrykeel - Pump Street

Pump Street was named because of the water pump built into the wall which provided water for the locals before every house had its own running water.
Milford - Marian Shrine

Milford - Marian Shrine

Milford

Milford

Photo: Proinsias Carr
Milford - Ballyboe Lough

Milford - Ballyboe Lough

Milford - Golan Church

Milford - Golan Church

Milford - Hamilton's Hill

Milford - Hamilton's Hill

Milford - Holy Well Hill

Milford - Holy Well Hill

Holy Well Hill - the site of an ancient Ring Fort.
Milford - Lough Fern

Milford - Lough Fern

Home of Milford's Fly Angling Club. Photo: Proinsias Carr
Milford - Mass Rock

Milford - Mass Rock

Leatbeg Walk

Leatbeg Walk

View of Mulroy Bay on the Leatbeg Walk
Mulroy Bay at Dusk

Mulroy Bay at Dusk

Mulroy - Harry Blaney Bridge

Mulroy - Harry Blaney Bridge

Mulroy Bay

Mulroy Bay

Cratlagh Walk - Waterfall at Bunlin

Cratlagh Walk - Waterfall at Bunlin

Milford Workhouse

Milford Workhouse

The Milford Workhouse opened in 1846 and closed in 1922.
Milford Workhouse Sketch

Milford Workhouse Sketch

Milford Fever Hospital

Milford Fever Hospital

The Fever Hospital was opened on 10th March 1851. It was located beside the Workhouse and was opened when the Workhouse became overun with disease during the famine years.
Shoemakers Corner - Cratlagh Walk

Shoemakers Corner - Cratlagh Walk

Photo: Catherine McCann
Mulroy Bay from Shoemakers Corner

Mulroy Bay from Shoemakers Corner

Milford - Rossgarrow

Milford - Rossgarrow

Cranford - Woodquarter

Cranford - Woodquarter

Milford - Bunlin

Milford - Bunlin