Good Morning Service
Supporting older people's well being and independence
Since being established in Inishowen in 2006 we have expanded the service into five other areas across the county. The Service works in partnership with local community organisations, who host our service within their facilities. Our centre in Falcarragh serves the North West; the Donegal Town centre covers the South West; Letterkenny serves Central and North Donegal; Burtonport serves the Rosses area; while Lifford covers the east of the county. The calls are made by trained and Garda checked local volunteers who live in the area and have local knowledge, information and news to impart to the Client, a trusted and friendly voice making that vital human connection on a daily basis.
Addressing rural isolation through county-wide support and advocacy:
Alongside the regular phone call support, the Good Morning Service advocates for older people and refers clients to health services and any other organisation that may be of help in relation to each individual’s concerns.
• We provide clients with information on their rights and entitlements
• Listen to their views to establish their wishes
• Discuss options with them
• Provide support and assistance in making informed choices
• Empower clients to make decisions that affect their lives
• Support clients in the actions they wish to take to resolve their concerns
• We act on the clients behalf if they request our assistance
• We participate in all forums where the voice of our service users can be heard and recognised .
The Service offers assistance and support with any issue the client is facing; acts as intermediaries with other service providers; advocates on older people’s issues; provides advice and information about services; and actively resolves everyday issues and difficulties that impact on the health and wellbeing of older people in Donegal. The service also records data on clients real concerns and issues that can be used to inform local and regional (as well as national) partners about the grass-roots reality of life for older and vulnerable people in Donegal.
6 Ardarvan Square,
Tel 074 93 21598
- Street: 6 Ardaravan Square, Buncrana
- State: Co. Donegal
- Telephone: +353(0)749321598
- Fax: +353(0)749321599